Glycerin typing this post, loves.
We mades this the other day! My Blar and my precious doll Tsika loved it. Our little dove Kpau eats anything we makes, so not picky.
8 ancho chiles, rinsed, stemmed, deseeded
0.5 cup finely chopped white onion
2 cloves garlic, fine chopped
0.25 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
0.25 cup distilled white vinegar
0.5 cup vegetable oil
1.5 teaspoons coarse sea salt
2 teaspoons grated piloncillo (or brown sugar)
3 red bell peppers
3 heads of romaine lettuce
Olive oil, drizzled on romaine
0.5 cup crumbled queso fresco (or feta)
1) Cut the prepared ancho chiles into thin strips. Drop in mixing bowl.
2) Add onion, garlic, vinegars, and sugar. Toss.
3) Store in container with tight lid. Refridge for at least 8 hours.
4) Broil red bell peppers (or grill them to char). Destem them. Slice into strips.
5) Slice romaine in half lengthwise. Drizzle all with olive oil.
6) Lightly salt and pepper romaine.
7) Broil (or grill) romaine, a few minutes per side.
8) Arrange romaine on platter. Lay red pepper strips on top.
9) Ladle the ancho chile vinaigrette on and sprinkle cheese.
10) Serve quickly.
Blar helped us! He’s sweet to us. He grilled the pork chops with a rub he likes and he did the grilling of the lettuce and peppers just right.
My pretty Tsika stir-fried up the snap peas and mushrooms. We’ll give that recipe out another time.
We shouldn’t be too mischievous about Kpau. She sets the table, chooses the drinks, and then does the dishes.
This is fun! We hopes Kpau lets us post more often!